Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grilled Tuna and Steak

Still not spring here yet, but you can tell it's coming. The nurseries are starting to fill up with color and it was a little warmer out today, although by the time we cranked up the grill, it got chilly out! We even went for somewhat healthy. Grilled Tuna. but we also grilled a prime Sirloin Steak, hey, can't be all good all the time! A sort of surf and turf. I guess we're so used to ordered in takeout, we need a choice for dinner even when I cook :)

and I made one of those vegetable pasta dishes that is just thrown together with whatever is left in the frig. I found some Anelletti pasta at Trader Joe's. Little rings, looks like cheerio's. Some places have it and it called Annellini. Whatever you call it, they were really good, a fun shape, I'll definitely get more. I sauteed up some onions, and a whole lot of button mushrooms, quartered. Lots of salt and pepper and olive oil, and towards to end of sauteeing, I threw in some orange and red tiny tomatoes along with a bag of fresh baby spinach. Tossed it all with the Anelletti. Went well with the steak and the tuna. The tuna recipe called for cubes, I left it whole, marinated for a few hours. Great recipe from Ilisa at The Ramen Chronicles blog. I've made it before for my friends when they've come for lunch. Very big hit. This time I left the steaks whole and didn't serve it with dipping sauce.




Tuna Sates with Wasabi Mayo
posted by Ilisa at The Ramen Chronicles blog
Printable Recipe

1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
juice of one lemon
5 tablespoons wasabi paste, or to taste
4 12-ounce tuna steak, cut into 1-inch cubes

Stir all ingredients together. Put tuna cubes in a bowl and cover with 1 cup (or more, if needed) of the wasabi mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Put remaining wasabi mixture in a bowl for dipping and refrigerate overnight.

Either sear tuna in a very hot pan with olive oil, just a minute each side, or stick it on a prepared skewer and grill over very hot coals for a few minutes each side. Serve tuna satés with chilled wasabi mayo for dipping.

You can cut this recipe in half for a smaller group.


Anelletti Pasta with Sauteed Vegetables


10 comments:

  1. Carol, the anelletti pasta and vegetables look delicious ... I love pasta and veggies, hot or cold.

    Carol, I had to chuckle at your comment about needing a choice even when you cook at home.

    I love a good sirloin steak ... they're so tasty. John would love your grilled tuna. I've tried, but I just don't like tuna even the really good stuff.

    Great pictures ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do have such a great variety of food on your table Carol. I love that. Your tuna looks great. If Randy ate fish I'd do more stuff like that but your pasta is the prettiest! Very colorfu. How does the family enjoy wasabi? Hope spring comes quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol - what a healthy meal!! I love tuna, but the only one that does! Cannot get on board with the wasabi however ;(

    Veggies - perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do find the best recipes! I haven't grilled tuna in a long time and I love it. This recipe will you on my 'must try' list along with the pasta! I'd love to do take-out at your house :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, that grilled tuna recipe is really, really good, I tried it not long after AM posted it. Anelletti pasta reminds me of my kids favorite lunch when they were little.....Spaghetti-O's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, everything looks so good. I have never grilled a tuna steak because out in the middle of nowhere you never know how fresh they are. I should ask what day they come in and try this recipe. The pasta and veggie dish is calling my name...so colorful and all things I love as ingredients.

    I love how you need variety even when you cook...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, looks good! Funny, your family needs a choice when you cook! I but the Annelletti pasta all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, I love grilled tuna, and Joe would eat the steak! I must look for the pasta at TJ's next time we go to the big apple. It reminds me of the pasta in spaghettios :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a delicious meal, and you always try to please. You do have to serve something else when you have fish, so many won't eat it...like me! LOL
    I like tuna sandwiches though go figure..
    And I tried the fresh tuna out in Montauk..caught an hour before, and still..:(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are fun to read and very much appreciated! Sorry for comment moderation, the spam has been overwhelming lately.

Back to top