Friday, October 16, 2009

Flashback Friday - Chicken Marsala!



Time for another Flashback Friday with Suzy at Kitchen Bouquet! Visit Suzy and see all the other flashbacks that are linked up to Flashback Friday. Join in with your own flashback!

This time we're having Chicken Marsala! Recipe by Tyler Florence. Very easy, so good, and you can mess around with it and it still comes out amazing! I use no butter, all olive oil and half the time I forget to pick up the Prosciutto. Still comes out fantastic.






Chicken Marsala
recipe by Tyler Florence, Food Network
Printable Recipe

4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
All-purpose flour, for dredging
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces Prosciutto, thinly sliced
8 ounces cremini or porcini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them; pound with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.

Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet. When the oil is nice and hot, dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Slip the cutlets into the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden, turning once – do this in batches if the pieces don't fit comfortably in the pan. Remove the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.

Lower the heat to medium and add the Prosciutto to the drippings in the pan, sauté for 1 minute to render out some of the fat. Now, add the mushrooms and sauté until they are nicely browned and their moisture has evaporated, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Pour the Marsala in the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce the sauce slightly. Stir in the butter and return the chicken to the pan; simmer gently for 1 minute to heat the chicken through. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley before serving.

My notes - I used boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken cutlets. I didn't use butter or Prosciutto. I finely chopped up a little shallot and threw it in with the mushrooms. Add more Marsala and Chicken Stock to make extra sauce.

11 comments:

  1. You just can't go wrong with Chicken Marsala! I absolutely love it..so simple and so very very good. Great one to flash back too! Thanks for joining me this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken marsala and I am sure gonna try your wonderful recipe, it looks delightful, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remembered you posting this - I went out and bought my bottle of marsala..now if I can find the photos I have another Flashback !!!

    Just like your sherried chicken...how come there's always some sort of alcohol in your chicken!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had chicken Marsala a week ago with that over-sized steroid injected breast! Anyway, it is one of our favorite ways to eat chicken plus it is so easy to fix; anything to get in and out of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful chicken marsala recipe- and I love Tyler too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A flashback that I remember :) Lots of Chicken Marsala has been eaten in this house, but I've never tried Tyler's recipe. Your looks really tasty, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reminding me of this recipe, Carol! The flavors sounds so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't use a little oil to brown the chicken? Doesn't it stick to the pan???
    I love chicken marsala. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just read that again..no butter all oil! DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I shouldn't come here so early before having breakfast. I'm starving...looks so good, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, I'm a chicken marsala virgin...looks like I need to try it soon :) It sure looks good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are fun to read and very much appreciated! Sorry for comment moderation, the spam has been overwhelming lately.

Back to top