Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mosaic Monday! When life gives you lemons...



When life gives you lemons... then make some Lemon Mousse! Martha Stewart came out with another cookbook recently. So far I've been pretty successful with her recipes. That's saying as lot. This one is from her new book, Martha Stewart's Dinners at Home. I really like this latest one, I've bookmarked a few to try. Starting with the Lemon Mousse!







Joining in with Mary at the Little Red House for Mosaic Monday! Check out the Little Red House to see all the talented folks who post their beautiful mosaics!

Lemon Mousse
Source: Martha Stewart's Dinners at Home
Printable Recipe

4 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
1 cup heavy cream, well chilled

Using a wooden spoon, stir the eggs, sugar and lemon juice together in a saucepan over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes. Stir constantly and when it starts to thicken somewhat, raise the heat to medium and continue stirring until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, about five minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a metal bowl, cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly on the surface, and refrigerate for about 45 minutes.

Whisk the heavy cream in a metal bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. You can make this up to 2 days ahead.


 My notes: I needed about 4 lemons for this. I mixed two regular lemons with two Meyer Lemons. I topped the kid's mousse with granola, and our's with raspberries!






If you love lemons, then you might want to try Lemon Custard Cakes from Martha Stewart. They are also fantastic!

30 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe! I wish Meyer lemons were available here but I remember the suggestion to use half lemon and half orange juice in some recipes.

    I'll take my serving with raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I have been coveting Martha's new cookbook, and it now I know I need it! The lemon mousse would be right up my alley. Love your mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the shot of the lemons with the cookbook. And of course the end result!Have a great week! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your recipe sounds so delicious. I have a lemon tree in my yard and may just try this when they get ready to pick! Thanks for you visit and comment to my blog.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Shelia should send us all lemons.LOL that is one lucky lady.
    Your mosaic has made my mouth water and once again a great. recipe. Thanks Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are a Martha!
    Looks delicious, and your mosaic is soo artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just in time for my dessert! Yummy! You make it look so easy to make! Beautiful mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, love the mosaic and love lemons, so I love your whole post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely presentation for that dessert!! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm, I love anything lemony. I'm glad you've given us the recipe. I've saved it and will try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks delicious and I bet has such a clean fresh flavor... I think we have a little Martha on our hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!

    Love your mosaic!

    And this recipe sounds so good. i love to serve lemon desserts after a rich meal. It just seems like the perfect compliment to end the meal.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband would simply love this! Must try, thanks for the recipe! Great lemony mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply delicious mosaic! Love that lemon mousse..

    ReplyDelete
  15. So 'sweet' to see that you came by for a visit for mosaic monday! Your mosaic IS beautiful - the pictures so clean and beautiful! I actually bought her cookbook and gave it as a gift . . . what was I thinking!!!!! I will be back to check on your blog often - looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too bad I can't reach in and get a goblet of mousse. I love mousse and I love lemon flavor...sounds like a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always do such a wonderful job photographing food. Your pictures are so clear and crisp. They should be in a magazine. I love your mosaic and I especially love anything lemony.

    The recipe sounds delicious and your finished product looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, the lemon yellow and the blue from the bowl are just gorgeous!!

    Beautiful mosiac!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy! And what a beautiful mosaic...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. There's so much we can do with lemons. Makes me want to plant a tree in my yard. I'll have mine with raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm going to put that cookbook on my Christmas wish list!
    I adore lemon mousse...easy enough to make and I usually serve it with blueberries because the colors are so great together- but raspberries would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello...

    Beautiful mosaic...your photos belong in a recipe book, my friend...they're really good! Mmmmm...yummy! Lemon mousse sounds soooo good right now! I have to admit that I've never tried my hand at making mousse...the recipe sounds easy enough! I'll have to give it a shot...thank you so much for sharing the recipe with us!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  23. A tasty and beautiful mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds and looks delicious ;-)
    I could do with some about now for sure but I have to time to cook at the moment because I've got a class in a few hours and I've had no time to visit blogs yet today. Thanks for dropping by each of my blogs. Glad you enjoyed all my mosaics.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how yummy it looks. I loved the mosaic. How cool to share the recipe too.
    Have a Blessed Week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always enjoy your food and cooking mosaics!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Carol, another tasty lemon recipe ... and a beautiful mosaic. It looks fantastic. You have such a wonderful variety of lemon recipes, and I've never made one of them that wasn't delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You know I love lemon anything so I know I would love this mousse too! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, Carol.

    Do you love that juicer? A friend was just telling me about hers this past weekend which must be very similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are fun to read and very much appreciated! Sorry for comment moderation, the spam has been overwhelming lately.

Back to top