Friday, December 18, 2009

Flashback Friday: Pumpkin Pancakes

 Joining Suzy at Kitchen Bouquet for another Flashback Friday! Suzy is on vacation from blogging for a bit until after the holidays but check out her blog and her flashback links!




I had found a really delicious recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes last year on the blog, DISHING UP! and I remember they were so good, I have to make these again! Perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast.

We haven't had big breakfasts in a while, not since most of our regular Sunday breakfasters graduated high school and went away to college. Son's friends. Big breakfasts have dwindled, except when they're all home for break! They're starting to arrive home in dribs and drabs for the holidays and I'm sure I'll be suckered into making a few Sunday breakfasts in the next few weeks! One time I got a note scotch taped to the alarm clock, said, me and the guys would greatly appreciate if you could make them all breakfast! Next morning six HUGE appetites were at the table waiting for breakfast! Still have that note!





These Pumpkin Pancakes were a hit. I topped them with Banana's sauteed in Maple Syrup!




Pumpkin Pancakes
Source: DISHING UP blog
Printable Recipe

2 cups flour
6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon (I used more cinnamon)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups buttermilk (shake well in the container, then measure)
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 large eggs, at room temperature
3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl. Add the wet to the dry and stir until mixed. Let stand about 10 minutes. Stir again, and using a 1/4 cup measure, drop into buttered pan over medium heat. Cook until edges dry out and bubbles start to form. Flip and cook until bottom is browned and pancakes are cooked through. Serve right away with butter and maple syrup, or keep in a warm oven if making a big batch.

Heat up some Maple Syrup, I like Grade B, and throw in some slice banana's, and a little bit of dark rum, add some pecans of you like. Saute it all together and serve with the Pumpkin Pancakes.

7 comments:

  1. What a good Momma you are!!! Funny,that you kept the note..nice memory! Over the holidays you should put a note on his alarm clock! lol

    The pancakes sounds delicious, I'm sure they all did appreciate it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a note on his clock would be good..turn arounds are fair play!
    They do sound good..and you are a good mom..but it is fun to cook for those who appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, what a cute note and how fun that you kept it. ... I would imagine that preparing pancakes for 6 big guys would keep you busy. ... It must be nice having all of them around from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A note on the alarm clock, that is precious! Pumpkin pancakes sound pretty darned good. Thanks for sharing, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's time to tape a note on his alarm clock! Mom and Dad would appreciate a nice breakfast too :)

    Great recipe and cute story, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yum. And that note is priceless. So sweet that you kept it. I wouldn't throw it away either! I think the best part of cooking is when someone REALLY appreciates it. I'm glad you joined me with your flashback! I've been so slack buy y'all have been flashing without me lol so figured I better at least get Mr. Linky up :-) I'll try to do the same the next three weeks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that note the A wrote! He knew is mom would pull it off :) The combo of bananas with pumpkin is knew to me but it sure sounds great to me. I might have to try this one when the kids are home this weekend. You had me smiling at a splash of rum for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are fun to read and very much appreciated! Sorry for comment moderation, the spam has been overwhelming lately.

Back to top