Saturday, December 18, 2010

What's for Breakfast: Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal

Breakfast today was a really good treat! A delicious one! And I managed to get everyone to eat their oatmeal!  Julie from A Little Bit of Everything posted how great this Pumpkin Oatmeal was! She got it from Mags at The Other Side of 50! From their pictures and the looks of the recipe, I needed no convincing!  Convincing the rest of the family took a few minutes. PUMPKIN? In my oatmeal? We don't want it. Ok, ok, we'll try it! And they really enjoyed it! A lot! Why argue with me? I am always right! Usually :) Well, I was this time!

I left out the raisins. The family might like them, but I don't. So I'm selfish that way! For that matter, my husband is never getting Lima Beans in this house, either! He'll live!  I caved on the asparagus, outnumbered, and shh, don't tell but I actually like asparagus now, but never, no way, never on the raisins! And definitely never any Lima's! 

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal was amazing, even without raisins!

This was a sweet, very hearty and filling breakfast, perfect for the cold winter mornings here! Thanks to Julie and Mags! This was a terrific recipe! Loved it!




So now all I have to do is think what to do with the little bit of leftover pumpkin?

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Source: Julie from A Little Bit of Everything!  She got it from Mags at The Other Side of 50!
Printable Recipe

1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup raisins (optional) (I didn't use!)
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 8 (1/2 cup) ramekins on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray,

In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and raisins (if using.)

In another bowl whisk together the pumpkin, maple syrup, butter, milk and eggs.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well. Pour into prepared ramekins and top each with 1/2 TBSP of chopped pecans.

Bake for 25-28 minutes. Alternately, you could bake this in a one quart baking dish and adjust baking time accordingly.

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried doing a baked oatmeal, but this definitely looks pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful. Think I could just bake it as a casserole in one pan rather than the ramekins. The cooking time would be different though, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too sure on this one.... Pumpkin? Oatmeal? Together? Okay, I'll try it and let ya know. I'm laughing as I type... But I will add the raisins!
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love raisins, hate lima beans, any kind of beans!
    Looks good, like dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really sounds delicious. The addition of pumpkin is inspired. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine will have raisins! Love anything and everything pumpkin. Even in my oatmeal(I hope). Thanks for sharing this Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet this is one of those recipes that sound a little funny but then when you taste it wow. I love pumpkin, oatmeal and raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hummmmmmm, I think I really might like this! I love pumpkin and I love oatmeal AND I love raisins! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one healthy breakfast! I wish I had a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you liked this one! I'd like to try it sometime with the addition of dried cranberries! Here's an idea for the leftover pumpkin http://littlebitofeverythingne.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-sage-brown-butter-quick-bread.html

    This bread was delicious and I think you could easily leave out the sage and add raisins :), oh no that won't work.

    Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raisins - not here, asparagus yes and limas only in a baked bean medley.

    This does sound wonderful - almost like eating dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. baked pumpkin oatmeal..that sounds pretty tasty! i don't eat eggs or dairy but i could substitute..yum, gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The oatmeal looks great. I remember seeing it on Julie's blog; now I'll have to check out Mags' blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this looks really good. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. Katharine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are fun to read and very much appreciated! Sorry for comment moderation, the spam has been overwhelming lately.

Back to top