Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Friday!



This week went by fast, it's already time for Flashback Friday with Suzy at the Kitchen Bouquet blog! One of my favorite events, you should check out the flashbacks this week. Grab the logo and join in if you have a great recipe you want to go back and check out again. I have a great one this week. Comes to me by way of my friend, Renee, known as bubbeskitchen on the Cooking Forum! Haven't made it in such a long time and it was recently brought up again! It'll be on the table this week! Very simple, flavorful dish! Just delicious. Thanks, Bubbe :)





Mme. Lascourrèges Chicken with Shallots
from the French Farmhouse Cookbook by Susan Herrmann Loomis
posted by bubbeskitchen (Renee)

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds; 1 3/4 to 2 kg), cut into 8 pieces (2 breast pieces, 2 wings with portion of breast attached, 2 legs, 2 thighs)
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 large shallots, peeled and minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves

Preheat the oven to 425°F

Drizzle the oil into an ovenproof baking dish that is large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Add the chicken pieces and turn them so they are thoroughly coated with oil. Drizzle the vinegar over the chicken, and sprinkle with the shallots. Turn the chicken so the shallots are evenly distributed over and under the pieces. With all the pieces skin side up, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.

Place the dish in the center of the oven and roast until the chicken begins to turn golden, about 20 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven, turn the chicken pieces over, and season with salt and pepper. Return the dish to the oven and continue roasting until the chicken is thoroughly cooked ( the juices should run clear when the flesh is pricked with the tip of a sharp knife), 17 to 20 minutes.

Mince the parsley.

Remove the chicken from the oven, sprinkle the parsley over it, and turn the pieces so the parsley is mixed evenly throughout. Let sit for 10 minutes, and then serve.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds simple enough for such a fancy name!! That will teach me to read the recipe before I think it would be way over my head by just the name of the dish!! Looks delicious and I'm sure I would love the flavors..always looking for new chicken recipes

    Great post and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, Carol! Now if I can just figure out how to pronounce her name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo this looks good. I bought shallots this week..must have been for this recipe! Great flashback Carol. I'm glad you joined me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Susan, me either and I haven't even had any margaritas!

    Thanks, Suzy! Your flashback Fridays are fun!

    Barb, it's really good, and very simple! and it makes a nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, what an unusual name for a chicken recipe. It sounds tasty. ... This week did go by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, I remember when she posted ths recipe, forever ago. Thought it sounded good then and now I'm re-inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They are fun to read and very much appreciated! Sorry for comment moderation, the spam has been overwhelming lately.

Back to top